Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just the Beginning...

Oh that time has finally come. Jordan Ridenour has created a blog. I know, I know, I know...Most people never thought I would actually have one of these but thanks to my journalism class I have created my blog and now I can write what I'm passionate about! Hmmm...well I guess you are wondering what that could possibly be? Well I will tell you....right....now....! My passion is truly to follow, serve, and praise my Lord Jesus Christ! Today I want to keep it simple and talk about the fact that good works will not get you into Heaven. I had decided I am going to try to keep my blog simple so that it can be understood by anyone who chooses to take time out of their day to read about my life. So back to following the Lord, A little brief history on my walk. I gave my life to God on February 7, 1995 when I was 7. The reason I have this date memorized is because it was a significant day in my life, and one that changed my life forever. So each time I post I will give a little more history into my walk. I don't want to give it all away at the beginning folks, I like the mystery! Sorry during my blog you will learn that I go off on little spells about randomness, but just keep reading. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves [it is] the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9. God clealy states here in Ephesians that we as humans are not saved by good works, but by grace. So just going to church, reading your Bible, and singing worship songs doesn't guarantee you a spot in Heaven. You can do all these things and still never experience the truth about God. The good news is we do not have to remain slaves to our sin and satan. God provided us a way out of the dilemma out of not being able to save ourselves. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he paid it in full, the price it would have taken us all of eternity to pary for in Hell ourselves. So this was short I know, but it is my first one and I want to make sure people it's not brutally long. So, PlEASE PLEASE add comments to this. I love to get feedback from anyone and everyone to know what you think. Don't forget this is FOR HIS COURT, FORT signing off...love you guys!

A good website to check out and get a little more in depth into the good words is a href="http://www.creationists.org/will-good-works-get-you-into-heaven.html#3.">

1 comment:

  1. I assume you'll tell us what happened on Feb. 7, 1995.
    gv

    ReplyDelete